• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Late night WVO nightmare!!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
ROTFL!! I have officially changed the dog's name from Mocha to Fish Stick. She's not happy. She's unable to lick the grease off of the top of her head. That's why she's rolling on the rugs in the kitchen and then licking them. She's gone mad I think!

dmetalmiki

You would be pleasantly suprised If you place NEWSPAPER all over the spills..leave a while then take up & burn then sprinkle saw dust..to finish..work on waste oil spills on concrete...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A quart of motor oil on the ground looks like 100 gallons. Can't imagine what 55 gallons looks like all spread out like that! " Excuse me sir, do you know it's against the law to have this many cats? Why does it smell like fish here?" rofl

JohnnyGTO

I used a product call Oil Eater from Costco to quickly strip 40 years of crud from the underside of one of my projects. Works great, biodegradable but I would caution you not to let it pool on asphalt, the city wasn't happy with the 2' by 6' hole it ate in their street in front of the house. http://www.oileater.com/

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The dog is much too proud to go around with a Friar Tuck cut so she'll be having a bath at the boarding kennel today.

Will, it wasn't the entire 55 gallons thank heavens! It was about 7-10 in my best guestimate.

Oil Eater eh? Sounds interesting. I'll scope out the local hardware store and see what they have in a 5 gallon bucket ;) I'm sure the city was very curious to know how a sinkhole developed in the road in front of your house!

JohnnyGTO

Well it was 6' long, 2' wide but only 2" deep not quite a sink hole but lots of umm gooey gravel, still seemed to annoy them :) It also works well in a parts washer and cleaning concrete but don't let it soak on the concrete too long it will eat at it.

ONTOS66

Wow what a mess!
Another unsolicited 2cents 2cents 2cents
My first thought would be to steam clean the mess, assuming you have a nice field to let the mess drip into.
Then follow up with absorbent material to soak up any quantities, and a nice bath for all - including the dog and truck.

Remember: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"

rofl rofl rofl

FreightTrain

Banned
Try some powdered detergent.I had a massive oil spill out on the street once(O ring on filter can blew out).I got some cheap dollar general stuff and coated the oil and left it.When it rained it sucked all the oil out of the concrete and there was no sign of it any more.Coat the inside of the truck with the stuff and mist the bed with water from a hose.don't spray it directly on it.Spray it up and let gravity bring it down.You want a fine mist not drops.

herc69

That powdered detergent trick sounds good. I have some old tranny fluid on my drive, and might try it. Only trouble is, we haven't had rain here for a WHILE til today. Don't think it'll work with already wet concrete aua .Maybe we'll get lucky and get rain again within the next few weeks.
Also, I checked that 'Oil Eater' site, and will get some for future cleanings of MV and parts
BTW, Chris, :shock: [thumbzup]

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SierraHotel said:
Not to be a wise guy...well maybe...but can a blind man still tell when he gets within 20 yards of your truck?
Ha! Well, the smell has gone away for the most part. That is until it gets nice and hot and the oil starts cooking out of every crack and crevice.

I have some on the bed-liner in my pick-up too. I had the sliding rear window open today and could smell some fish sticks every once in a while.

The dog has recovered :lol:

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best part is that I had a Men's meeting down at church last night (where the previous barrel came from) and one of the leaders asked if I could give the other two partial barrels to "my brother's friend who makes biodiesel". aua

After I stopped laughing I politely offered to call the local rendering company for a pickup. One of those barrels is rancid and I'll be darned if I am spilling it all over the back of multiple trucks - I am sure it wouldn't do Cranetruck's biodiesel processor any good either.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks