• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Latest issue< front end shake(side to side)

Hainebd

Yes it will cause wandering on flat ground. On a crowned road it will pull hard right if you are driving on the right of crown and left if left side. I took my F150 to get aligned. They did it and my daughter picked it up. First time I drove it about ripped the wheel from my hands. Took back they said everything is fine. I centered steering wheel and adjusted toe and center. No more pull.

ATPTac

There is a big difference between a pull and an off center steering wheel. Off center steering wheel means exactly that, the steering wheel is not centered when driving down the road. Which a lot of people interpret as a "pull". A literal pull is when you are having to counter steer the vehicle the opposite direction, and when you let go of the steering wheel the vehicle will actually veer in that direction. A simple toe out will not cause a pull. Lets say hypothetically your LF wheel toe is set at 0* and your RF is set at -0.8*, whats going to happen is the LF tire, when driving down the road, is going to take the friction from the road and even out the toe difference between the two wheels effectively giving both wheels -0.4* of toe. When that happens your steering wheel is going to go off center because one side is further out than the other but they both equal themselves out when actually driving, thus making the steering wheel off center. Its pretty hard to explain over text.

The most common thing to cause pulls when both camber and caster are within spec (and within a certain range of each other) is actually a bad tire.

Road crown is a completely different thing all together. You can have a vehicle completely perfectly aligned and road crown can cause a pull if its a bad enough angle on the road. Most alignment specifications are set by the manufacturer to compensate for "common road variances" but that doesn't always hold up with every road.

Lindsaym151

Would a to tight wheel bearing cause this wobble in the front end?
Tomorrow we check the wheel and tire for straightness.
If all that checks out then we will pull 1 wheel at a time and exchange for a known good tire and wheel

wilfreeman

A wheel bearing that is too loose can attribute to the "death wobble". Tightening them helped my Jeep death wobble. Too tight might cause it to pull.

willys47

some times a tire will cause a pull if you switch them side to side and you will have your answer the caster can be adjusted with axle shim