• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Latest m818 is home

brianrbull

Here is my latest acquisition a m818 from the Lansing MI DRMO Yard. I didnt preview (Could Not as I am deployed) My hired man was there to assist with the unloading, (Thanks to Great Lakes Heavy Haul for the shipping) The attempt at slave starting was unsuccessful 25 degrees and stone dead batts. Looks like I will have my hands full with this one. But for the price I think I did all right (Less than 2k) Can anyone identify the "Crud" in the fuel filler hole? I am a bit afraid of what the rest of the tank will look like.....

PS any tips and tricks to get that paint marker off the doors?

Attachments

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Algie and you will half to flush all of your lines out and tanks and new fuel filter buy soms power service bioside fuel cond for algie.

brianrbull

So that crud is Algie? Are the tanks hosed? IE will I be forever changing filters every 5 miles? or is there something I can use to get it off? it looks pretty thick and crusty....

Heavysteven

My strainer looks that same way. I have been running new fuel and a conditioner so far no problems. I also changed all the fuel filters.

Thanks for sharing I am going to be following this thread

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks