• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Laundry trailer

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know where there is a laundry trailer that may be available. For some reason I think I may be interested in it. I don't have any need to wash a bunch of clothes but thought I may could use some of the equipment. I know it's got a 10KW genset with it but I was wondering what other equipment is on there that may come in useful?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The genset and the trailer are the most valuable parts. Everything else is "special purpose" items. You could get big moneys if you find the right people, but it wont be easy.

jasonjc

I think it would be cool just to have the trailer set up. To display at shows and stuff. Maybe even do a load of colths at a ralley:razz:. If you find the gen is bad and it's cheap let me know I'd like one even if it was just for show. So I would not need it to work just look cool.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ones I bought had a water pump on it that was useful to someone. Also had plenty of piping and misc. hardware I was able to repurpose. However, unless you have a need to wash tons of clothes, the washer and dryer are useless. They are stainless steel, for the most part, so you can make some extra $$$ by scrapping them.

3dAngus

There is a nice multifuel hot water heater that is great for showers. Lots of electrical wiring and big breaker box, small hand lift air compressor for the valves and the spinner is strong where the spinner or motor might make good parts for building a centrifuge.
I had one like new and ended up scraping it all. First the washer/dryer up top and then six months later the trailer which sat to high for ramps for my taste. It was the hardest thing I had to do in the od green field but I couldnt sell it and I was out of room. That is one fine trailer though with some of the best 4 landing feet youlll ever find on a trailer. Its an overload for hauling with a deuce but it can be done.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think they have a inline hot water heater also.

Trailer is a M1061, 14 foot deck, 5 ton. 5500 lbs empty, but useful.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be the older single axle one with the gas genset too. Cranetruck hauled one out to KA on his worldwide tou.r

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the newer style 5-ton trailer model. All I've seen are pics of the unit in question. I may go check it out this weekend.

Thanks for the info.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the one they are talking about that cranetruck delivered
to Eureka, Nevada.

Pictures to follow

Bruce

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be the older single axle one with the gas genset too. Cranetruck hauled one out to KA on his worldwide tou.r
It'll be six years ago in about a week starting that trip.
Yeah Jason, you did pull the rig from the fuel pump stall to a parking area, where we could work on the IP...

Attachments

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can let it be known now that the trailer was sold at a local auction today. I went to bid but it was too rich for my blood. I think it ended at $3,500. It was a nice trailer though.

They also had several other MVs and equipment. All went high. A M35A3 WW with bad trans and worn out tires brought $4,800, A lube trailer brought $2,000, A fair M1009 brought $2,000.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks