• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lawn Care Tips

unaffiliated

Lawn Care Tip - Don't Do This!

I have found that a half way decent lawn and a CUCV with rear lockers simply don't mix. It seems that every time I drive across the lawn, the CUCV leaves tracks in the grass where ever I go. If I turn really sharp, it really digs into the lawn. I guess I wont be doing that anymore. I have all these tire tracks next to the driveway. Oh, well the grass is about to turn brown for the winter anyway. Live and learn. :(

Last edited:

unaffiliated

I really wasn't asking for tips, more of a "Don't do this" tip. I chewed it up pretty bad in places. Thanks for the Scott's referral though, I have always liked their products.

niferous

We haven't been able to grow any grass in a while because of Our severe drought conditions. I have had my lawn mowed once in the last 5-6 months and it's not tall at all. When the kid did mow it he had to wear a dust mask.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the same reason why your rear tires will wear out much faster than the front; Detroit Locker!

armytruck63

I once rode my dirt bike in figure eights in my back yard when my parents weren't home. The grass was nice and thick, so the bike didn't really leave any ruts. I got away with it until my dad cut the grass real short and the ruts magically became visible again. :(

jimmy-90

Lock your front hubs and put the truck in 4WD to drive on grass and try not to turn real sharp. That will make it so that the inside rear tire doesn't tear a big rut the whole way around the turn you are making. I learned to do that by making my father pretty ticked off a couple times. lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks