• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LB20/M270A1 Lowboy Trailer Questions?

kstate90

Looking at buying a LB20 trailer to use on the farm to haul hay and water tanks. I plan on pulling it with a commercial semi. Is the King Pin standard size or is it the larger size? I assume they are dual voltage 24/12 volt light systems? Air brakes? I read the thread by R Racing on his trailer conversion. I don't need ramps now but could see modifying it eventually to haul tractors and equipment. I know that the trailer will most likely pitch down in the front due to the commercial semi fifth wheel plate height being lower than the military semi's. What price range should a person expect to pay for one? Say some for $3500.00 is that realistic? Thanks for the replies. Have a Merry Christmas.

Bighurt

If it's really an LB20 or Bravo trailer as we call it in the USAF it will sit farily level on a commercial semi. The USAF pretty much eliminated it's M series tractors years ago. Replaced by top-kicks, internationals, Ford's and now freightliners. It's straight 12 volt.

Realistic is what you think is fair, $3500 for a local trailer to me is fair but the farther away the more expensive that bargain gets. It costs me $.60 a mile to operate my tractor.

fasttruck

M270 is straight 24v only. M 127s are dual lighting systems, 800 series are 12 volt lights with provision to reduce 24v to 12 so there are two plugs on the front of the trrailer.

R Racing

Another few things to concider.the LB20 is full on air brakes were most of the m270s are air over hydraulic.The m270 uses the 10 bolt rims same as the 5 ton, The lb20 used the ring style rim. Also the m270 has its wheels farther back then the LB 20 so it would be harder to beaver if you went that route. I paid $4500.00 for mine. so if you find 1 cheaper snatch it up !!