• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LD-465-1?

citizensoldier

Ok.. So whats the difference between a LD-465-1 and a LDS-465-1A? Picked up a LD to have rebuilt need to know the differences. I see it has the bigger style turbo. Are they the same inerds with oil coolers and so on? Cubes?Come on Kenny I know that you know that I know you know! :D :D :shock: :p

citizensoldier

Kenny?? You out there? I see you posting all around this one but nothing from the Southern grand wizzard of old OD iron??? Did I stump you maybe? Or is the answer to this so simple you choose to let me wonder? Anyone else ??

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The LD has no turbo at all. LDS465-1A does have different (albeit not much) ppistons and cooling jets IIRC. Other than that, not too much different. The LDS was originally equpped with a bigger gated turbo but tons of them got swapped out in the military so who knows what you will get. Don't know much else right now.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
also - the LDS fuel delivery is about 33% higher than the LD. With more air and fuel it rates about 40% more power.

The LDS pins are hollow, the LD/LDT pins are solid. I'd guess the lighter pin would go with heavier/stronger pistons, however the LDS troubleshooting manual says pins are interchangable, if you change all. Seems like this would effect crank balance (?).

The induction air flow (at rated power) is at 550cfm, so the air filter is larger, and located on the fender ( my LD/LDT element is 410cfm). JimK

p.s.
fuel delivery:
LDS-465-1___ 80lb/hr
LD-465-1C___ 62 lb/hr
LDT-465-1C__ 64 lb/hr

p.s.s
smoke cam angle
LD-465-1C ___75*
LDT-465-1C__48*

citizensoldier

Hmmmmm.. Hmmmm Hmmmm. Well I will have to inspect this thing again.. Its in a engine crate and Dave P and I just pulled the top to check for airconditioning in the block. It had the power steering on the drivers side along with the starter. The oil pan was on for a 5 ton and the crate said 5 ton engine. Big oil pan sump in the rear, oil level guage was right rear, and has one of the big fat turbos on it? I was hoping to rebuild it for a 5 ton dump but if its the LD? It sounds like a good heart for the gutless M109 non turbo truck? I dont recall the air compressor discharge outlet?
Thanks guys for taking the time to list this stuff. It is shedding some light on it for me. I can now see some of the suttle differences in the multis.. Learning every day about thes big old beasts..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks