• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LD-465-1C and FDC Question

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[QUOTE=jbayer I don't know if this amount will matter. I'm still going to put it on since my original tube will not reach the Hydraulic Head.
I have done more than a couple with Synflex and there does not seem to be any loss of performance. Yea it is nice when there is more than enough line when bypassing the FDC to reach the Head with the old line. Then all the is needed is two NPT plugs for FDC and one Inverted flair plug. I don't waist my time swapping fittings and would never hook the FDC back up so I pull the two FDC fittings and plug. Then just plug the the return T leaving the return to filters/tank and flame heater intack.

Last edited:

brianp454

I added the part numbers to the youtube video (again, and it seems to have stuck this time).
McMaster part numbers I used:
5583K48 Abrasion-Resistant White ETFE Tubing, .278" ID, 3/8" OD, .048" Wall, Semi-Clear White
50915K615 Brass Sleeve for 3/8" Tube OD, Brass Compression Tube Fitting, Packs of 10
50915K245 Tube Support for 3/8" Tube OD X 1/4" Tube ID, Brass Compression Tube Fitting, Packs of 10

5583K46 Abrasion-Resistant White ETFE Tubing, .187" ID, 1/4" OD, .031" Wall, Semi-Clear White, 10' L
50915K613 Brass Sleeve for 1/4" Tube OD, Brass Compression Tube Fitting, packs of 10
50915K243 Tube Support for 1/4" Tube OD X 1/8" Tube ID, Brass Compression Tube Fitting, Packs of 10

I chose ETFE because it has excellent chemical compatibility characteristics and you can see if there is fuel or bubbles inside it.
Increase control and power? Yes! You should install a pyro and boost gage. JATonka has excellent info on how hard you can run it on his web site. I stay below ~1150°F max. I find the only time EGT's get very high is when trying to maintain freeway speeds on grades on 5th hi or perhaps in 4th hi on a very steep grade, otherwise they are fine. You should set limits and not violate them.

Hey there brianp454,
I did watch your you tube vid 1st start up. The fuel line you used, what is the manufacturer and where did you find it?
I'm looking to do the same thing with mine. Did you put a pyrometer on too?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks