• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LD/LDT vs LDS Hydraulic heads

DavidWymore

Normally, people replace one of the filter mounts with a spin on that fits a 2mic. Google turns up a bunch of 2 mic filters. Find a couple parts numbers and watch for good deals on fleabay. I think I got a box for $2 each or something. www.fleetfilter.com has good prices too

texas30cal

Sounds good, now where do I get the base to go with that filter? Do you just run the primary and the 2 micron? Do you remove the filter base on the drivers side and mount 2 new bases in its place?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want 2 micron then after market housing and filter if you can live with 6 micron and stock housing final filter housing just use the one for Detroit Diesel that fits our housing. NAPA # 33540. I like that I can step down from 10 to 6 micron with the stock housing starting at the primary and working down. I feel that way no filter takes all the load.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No, the two secondary on the side of the motor are 10 micron nominal. That means most stuff 10 micron is stopped, but not all of it. The "absolute" rating is what WILL NOT pass.

The primary is traditionally a higher micron rating, probably 30ish.

rustystud

It's best to keep the primary filter at a 30 micron level. That way it will not clog up so fast. The secondary's then can be the 10 micron. Or you can use two different secondary's like I did. The first being 10 micron and the second being a 6 micron. If I can find a 2 micron filter that will fit my adapter then I will go with that. So then I would have a 30 to 10 to 2 micron filter system . That way your filters will give good long service.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know what the rating is on the Primary stock cleanable filter and thought the replacement throw away was 10 micron's. The stock seems like it would have been 30. If nothing else I just go with the 6 in the final and don't seem to have any trouble yet with my fuel systems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks