• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lds 427-2 runs on silicone but not diesel

appdeuce

Clark Trucks - 24v external pump with fittings. $125 brand new and great service, said they have been running them that way for years. I got estimates from $250 that might work to $550. I just hope this is it and we can get it running, so we can move our attention to paint. Knock on wood.

Thank you all for all the help!!!

P.S. I will keep you all posted in the right section this time.

spicergear

Whatever you do DON'T try and hot rod start it like a gas engine by pouring fuel into the intake. May seem tempting to try and make it pick up on other fuel...whatever...but diesel run on FUEL, they run and rev solely based on AMOUNTS OF FUEL not regulated like a carb on a gas engine. Pouring diesel fuel into a diesel engine can have it start and immediately go into a run away condition where it will rev to the moon and possibly scatter (rod thru block, etc) until it uses up that fuel load. I know nobody mentioned doing that but just want to put it out there.

emr

Question, If the 427 turbo is for power, is it a better turbo?for power?, and , or can it fit on the 465?I have a in the can 427 dated 1964 rebuilt in 68 and is a complete motor, wondering if i can use the starter and all the other parts too,on a 465? it looks like it, The only difference that can be seen is the front motor mount set up is the same as the gasser, the 465 has the bigger cross member abd cast holes the 427 just has 2 tabs, sorry for off the topic but Davids, info sparked my interest. Thanks randy

appdeuce

I thank you guys on SS for all the help.

We finally got it running today! Turnout that the guy we bought it from had no idea what he was doing, took the most expensive piece of the truck (IP) and took it apart. Well it turned out it was the tank pump. Also i would like to say that i ran into some compinies that i will call back and some that i will never call again. I have the upmost respect for the guys at SS, Clark Truck, and Mountaineer Diesel in WV, in helping us. They are great guys always willing to help.

I'am hooked and my buddy and i are already looking for another truck. I never thought of it this way but working on the truck mellowed me out after 12 hour days at school.

Thanks again!!!

acetomatoco

any 24 volt fuel delivery pump will work... The ones from the heater kits for about $40 work for years and years... Studebaker made the first order of M/F trucks, I believe, and I had one a while back. Sold it to a State Trooper in MA...