• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDS 465 1A Engine gaskets

mightyhammer

Is there anywhere to find head gaskets for the LDS 465 1A? All I could find was complete gasket sets which run over $700.00. Pretty sad when you can get the complete overhauled engine for not much more than the gasket set!!!

Attachments

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need only head gaskets, you might have luck with individual gaskets at an AGCO farm equipment dealer. AGCO has bought Massey, Oliver, White, Allis, etc. The White 150 tractor has the same engine in it as the multifuel, and also an Oliver, but I am not sure of the tractor number. They should know it as a 478 cubic inch motor.
Regards Marti

mightyhammer

Having some trouble with the lds troubleshooting link in the TM section. Clicked on link to open, just keeps lookin' but never opens....I am not overly computer literate, so I don't know if is a broken link or just my puter......Suggestions???

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be patient, its heavy, almost 9 MB to download or open. Try to directly save it to your hard disc to be opened later.

G.

mightyhammer

Yea, I wish I knew if she was gonna run good when I get the head gasket done...I was told that it ran well until it started slobberin' oil from tween the heads. I haven't really dug into it yet, both bays in the garage filled with other projects at the moment. She is safe here at home tho. In time we will begin surgery. Anyone have an LDS-465 1A for $500.00??? LOL

mightyhammer

Oh, I forgot to add....A 250 cummins would look nice in there...and if I were to find one for the right price I would put a big cam 400 in her. Already have a 13 speed double overdrive tranny if it were to happen!:)

mightyhammer

Hey, just got the TM downloaded. Looks awesome! Thanks so much gents. This site is awesome...I joined a couple years ago but never posted and kinda forgot about it....Glad I came back!!! FO SHO!!! COOP

mightyhammer

I think those are the ones recommended for the engine actually (with the slobber slots). The block and heads are exactly the same in all LD 465 engines. Is there any way for you to post some pics for me so I can be sure? I would definately be interested if they are the right ones! Thanks, COOP

mightyhammer

That's them alright!!!! Would appreciate it if you would get them out at your convenience. I sent my mailing address in a private message. I owe you one buddy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks