• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDS-465-1A Exhaust configuration

migz

Are there any other Deuces out there with this exhaust configuration? Does anyone know anything about this exhaust configuration? I am trying to find the heat shield screen for this muffler but I cannot find any information on this setup. The truck has an LDS-465-1A in it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

Westech

CPL
That is NOT stock. Its some sort of aftermarket set up, or could be of a A3... I would take off that huge muffler and put on the stock pipes or a smaller muffler. That has to choke that engine a tad.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I don't know Rich, it looks like it could be a "streight through" muffler. I don't like it, but he might like the quite exhaust. Hows it sound?

migz

That muffler works really well. With the LDS motor and the muffler it is not painful to drive without ear protection. You can hardly tell there is a turbo on the thing. The truck came from the 2/185 Armored HHC a California National Guard outfit so I am wondering if this was some add on to comply with the emission requirements in CA. I had to have the truck emissioned last month for registration. The engine burns super clean. A 5ton with another LDS was on the machine just before mine and failed miserably.

Mike

Westech

CPL
Well CA can not make the military change trucks to meet there regs. Im betting its a set up off a M35A3. I have no idea where to get exhaust parts for them.

migz

Nothing surprises me coming from California. San Francisco is in California and they did throw the service recruiters out for awhile.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A little hard to make out the details in those images (blame my aging eyes), but that muffler is not much different from the military issue Donaldson on my 8x8 (LDS465-2 engine).

Attachments

migz

I was doing some poking around in M35A3 images and it looks like the same configuration as an A3. I’m still curious as to the why it was configured that way.