• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDS-465-1A Oil Pressure

migz

I can’t seem to find anything in past posts regarding standard operating oil pressure for an LDS-465-1A equipped deuce. Can I get those with an LDS-465-1A deuce to let me know what oil pressure they are getting in their engines? I am also at a loss at to which TM to use for a LDS equipped deuce. The current TM’ that I have, TM-2320-361-24, only seems to cover the LDT motors.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

That's because you will need a M54 manual for the LDS series engines to know the proper operating range for the oil pressure. I would guess somewhere in the 45-60psi range for no load and 75max for a load 2600rpm.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Basic rule of thumb is 10 psi per 1000 rpm. I prefer quite a bit more but I did drive a deuce for a few years that idle pressure was in that area and it never got past 30 psi running down the road. I put around 8000 miles on it that way and was running strong when I sold it. Pressure requirements for all multifuels are similar.

migz

30 psi is what I get on mine when at 2300 rpm. I was starting to get a bit worried because I have seen a lot of reference to 60 psi on the LDT motors. It seems to run fine I have put about a 1000 miles on my engine incident free so far.

migz

Will an aftermarket gauge work with the existing pressure sender or would I have to install a new aftermarket sender as well?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My LDS465 is 30 idle, 60 at 2100 RPM. Aftermarket electric gauge will not work with 24 volt sender. They are refering to pressure gauge with a tube from the oil gallery.

migz

My motor has 630 hours on in so I am not sure if this would be considered a low hour engine. I would think so. Where is the best place to tap into the oil system for a mechanical gauge? From my reading of other posts the pressure varies through the system.

MIne had a 30 psi gage and gets 30-60 with an aftermarket guage, no wonder the military gage read low.

Use the sender with whatever gage you get, dont mix them or you wont know what is right. Better Yet, get a mechanical gage so you dont have to ask if the sender is working correctly