• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDS 4651A TIMING HELP

dmetalmiki

I never, in over 60 years motor engineering came accross such a 'Micky mouse' engine setup as confrontd on the M series vehicle Multifuel pumps,

Videos on utube perport to show 'How to' time up the pumps.
1 Guy states it does not matter where the engine front pulley mark is!
Another states " the pump is 180 degree out IF YOU SEE THE MARKED TOOTH in the window!!???
"Rotate untill you do NOT see the mark, Is correct"!! (MUPPET!")
Others point and poke at the screen while mumbling about this that and the other!

LOGIC. (decrees).

The front engine pully is set at MARK of the Particular engine installed. LDS
LDS 1 LDS 4651 LDT 465 1A etc.

The Fuel pump window pointer lines up with the mark on the viewable wheel under the pump cover.
The MARKED TOOTH in the Hydraulic Head window line up with the pointer.

NO!. of course not!!

.I carried all the above, And the COVER
(A pointless piece of metal junk!)***
on the COG in the pump PREVENTS the Hydraulic Head from being installed.!!
F Brilliant , So, My question, To the experts on this procceedure.
Why bother to have ANY timing marks at all?
Annoyed, Frustrated, and Just plain fed up.

I have everthing set up with all pointers alligned correctly, (And) the Hydraulic Head Can Not ( now*** ) be installed.

This procceedure SHOULD NOT be a guessing game.

Viz. Back off the engine, Insert the head when the prevention plate f off out of the way

Re-allign the pointers, Wrong!

Keep doing this one cog of the hyraulic head adjusted a time untill ALL popinters are lined up correctly. (By re forwarding the engine to the pully timing marks) And the injiction timing marks allighn.
As they should be per the T.M.s. (Hence, "Mickey mouse".).

m782gear

I never, in over 60 years motor engineering came accross such a 'Micky mouse' engine setup as confrontd on the M series vehicle Multifuel pumps,

Videos on utube perport to show 'How to' time up the pumps.
1 Guy states it does not matter where the engine front pulley mark is!
Another states " the pump is 180 degree out IF YOU SEE THE MARKED TOOTH in the window!!???
"Rotate untill you do NOT see the mark, Is correct"!! (MUPPET!")
Others point and poke at the screen while mumbling about this that and the other!

LOGIC. (decrees).

The front engine pully is set at MARK of the Particular engine installed. LDS
LDS 1 LDS 4651 LDT 465 1A etc.

The Fuel pump window pointer lines up with the mark on the viewable wheel under the pump cover.
The MARKED TOOTH in the Hydraulic Head window line up with the pointer.

NO!. of course not!!

.I carried all the above, And the COVER
(A pointless piece of metal junk!)***
on the COG in the pump PREVENTS the Hydraulic Head from being installed.!!
F Brilliant , So, My question, To the experts on this procceedure.
Why bother to have ANY timing marks at all?
Annoyed, Frustrated, and Just plain fed up.

I have everthing set up with all pointers alligned correctly, (And) the Hydraulic Head Can Not ( now*** ) be installed.

This procceedure SHOULD NOT be a guessing game.

Viz. Back off the engine, Insert the head when the prevention plate f off out of the way

Re-allign the pointers, Wrong!

Keep doing this one cog of the hyraulic head adjusted a time untill ALL popinters are lined up correctly. (By re forwarding the engine to the pully timing marks) And the injiction timing marks allighn.
As they should be per the T.M.s. (Hence, "Mickey mouse".).
I'm having the same issue..
I don't know wtf too now. 🤷‍♂️ help needed.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It all depends if you just removed the Head or the whole pump. Just the Head we only remove it when the Head red / scribe is on the Head mark. Here we do not worry about the HB or four bolt advance window just line up Head red / scribe timing mark remove or install. The whole pump harmonic balancer on it's correct timing mark. IP the red / scribe tooth is on the head mark but the four bolt advance is not on it's mark. Install the IP. Install front gear as in the picture in the TM's ( page 47 in the timing thread slots in gear showing same way ) and install three bolts but do not tighten. With a socket wrench rotate IP center bolt clockwise till advance window marks are on mark tighten three bolts. Double check timing and HB should still be on correct mark, four bolt advance window marks are on and the Head red /scribe tooth will be just about one tooth off to the rear. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/injection-pump-timing.172002/

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks