• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDS VS LDT and the real differences

JasonS

There are plenty of places in the states who regrind cams and lifters. A Google search will turn up many options.

Csm Davis

The cam is how almost all old school diesels were bumped up by the factory more than 50 hp in fact if you turned one up without changing the cam it would void the warranty and I know Cat even made hot cams that they wouldn't warranty but did sell for higher hp. No I can't prove all this because who would have thought all that old literature was worth anything.

tcruwithme

There is a table in TM 9-2815-210-34-2-1 that shows a few differences between engine models. It is in section 1-17 towards the front of the book and is table 1.3. Here are a couple of scanned pages for your reference.
Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg

rustystud

no way to get data from continental or hercules?
http://www.herculesengine.com/herculesparts.htm

maybe there are data or camshafts availible.
I would just ask someone like "Isky" or "Crane" cams to grind me a cam that has good power for my Multi-fuel. I'm sure they could look at the specs of the injection timing and size of the intake and exhaust valves and compression ratio to come up with a good grind to use. It probably will cost a few dollars for the first one, but I'm sure if there is interest from the MV world ( tractor pulls also ) the price might come down.

rustystud

I saw roller lifters for the multifuel on one of the surplus sites the other day. I think it was eastern.
edit: excuse me, they are roller tappets.
I found out about the roller tappets today. They are for the injection pump. According to "Eastern" there was never any roller lifters made for the multifuel engine. That doesn't mean that someone doesn't have some that will fit, we just need to do some more research !

JasonS

You should really join one of the tractor pulling forums to see what it takes to build high horsepower; and then back it off a bit. Easier than finding things out on your own ($$$$$) through trial and error.

rustystud

You should really join one of the tractor pulling forums to see what it takes to build high horsepower; and then back it off a bit. Easier than finding things out on your own ($$$$$) through trial and error.
Jason, do you know of any good ones to join ? I never went in for tractor pulls and such. I raced a little in my youth at the drag strip but nothing really crazy. I've always pretty much stuck to stock performance in my vehicles until now ! Thanks for any info.

JasonS

Wow, such defeatism.... So, join the forum and ask questions. Make it clear that you aren't competing and you just want you can do to increase the horsepower in your truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks