• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDS465 vs LDT465

Ed(LGNY)

I have access to a LDS465 replacement engine for my M35, but need to know if a LDS265 engine is essencially the same as a LDT465 engine? Your help is appreciated. Thanks. -Ed

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The issue of putting a 5 ton (LDS) multi in a deuce where an LDT originally lived has been covered in depth. A search will bring up all the info you could possibly need.

IMA944T

Ok I have stupid question. I have 1970 2.5 with multi fuel. Runs great and I am happy with it but what is the difference between the two engines. One for 2.5 and other for 5 ton ???

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LDT465 = 130 HP --> 2.5 ton Deuce

LDS465 = 180 HP --> 5 ton trucks, and some Deuces

Both are essentially the same, just need to change over a few things to make them swap. The oil pick-up tubes and the oil pan need to be reversed. The bell housing will need changed over to an LDT bell housing (Probably) Dipstick tube will need relocated. only minor things.

**I'm not 100% on the HP numbers above, but they should be close**

IMA944T

I take it they are both the same make of engines just updated so more hp. My duece has a hercules engine in it. The extra 50 hp would be nice.

emr

It is alot of work for the power, now with that said I would do it in a heart beat, BUT turning up the fuel in the truck u have will do the same thing, like said above there are a gazilion threads that cover both in detail, it is up to the individual what means more to him that is really the only difference. there are some differences in engines, but over all the same set up and size and bolt patterns.

ncduece

will the lds 5 ton clutch splines mate to the 2.5 ton transmission. i.e can you just change the bell housing then bolt to the 2.5 trans

jatonka

The LDS Flywheel and clutch are different. The Ldt flywheel housing, flywheel and clutch need to be used to be put on the Lds for M35 deuce installation. Different size input shafts on the front end of transmission. 1 5/8" vs. 1 3/4". Still, a great mod. true power without cranking the heck out of the fuel screw on a LDT that isn't built for it. JT

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks