• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT-465-1D LOCKED UP

RANDYLBARNES

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my locked up motor. I pulled the pan and oil pump and tubes to remove the main bearings. I removed all of the main bearing caps but the back one and they looked fine. When I went to remove the rear main bearing cap I can not get it to come out. Can somenoe tell me if the ream main cap is held in place by a rear main oil seal housing or something? Do I need to remove the tranny and flywheel to get it to come out? Also does this engine have a one piece rear main or a two piece?

Thanks

Randy

red devils dude

um let's see
1. the rear main seal is a one piece with a metal retainer.
2. the rear main cap is held on by two bolt's that go though the rear main seal
housing.
3. yes you need to remove the tranny and flywheel to get the rear cap off,
but pulling the tranny is a piece of cake goes like this open driver's side
windshield put a 4X4 though the windshield on to the cab's lip on the back
pull the bench seat, the tranny tunnel's 3 metal shield's, pull the front drive
shaft, pull the tranny to T-case drive shaft then hook a chain hoist or a
come along to the tranny start unbolting then pull the tranny off and
lower it out.
then take a 2X4 and jam it between the crank and the block so when you
remove the flywheel it wont just turn with the bolts in it wait your engine's
stuck lol my bad.

RANDYLBARNES

Thanks for the info on the rear main cap. I will probably drop the tranny tonight to see what it looks like. If all looks good there I will remove the fuel pump to see if it might be siezed. If all is good there it has to be the cam or frozen rings. I know that where ever I start it will be the last thing that I check.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks