• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT 465-1D Multifuel ?

Haven alot of fun

I have A 71 Multifuel.
My current engine has a crack in the number 6 piston. Behind the sleeve.
aginst the fire wall side of the engine.
It had one in the sleve but I put a new in.
I did not tourqe the back two bolt down as tight so it would not make the crack bigger.
Till I can find a diffrent block or engine. And some green stuff $$ to buy one
It run great. Start when it real cold out.
Leaks some antifreeze in to the oil slowly.
Where can I find a good place to get one. When I have the funds.

I talk to Boyce . He has engines for around $ 1800. They are just pulled out of the trucks before they go to the bomb field. It has a 6 month warrenty.

What would you do. I appreciate all your input. :beer:

Heavysteven

If I had the space and ability to swap an engine I would get another GL deuce.

A parts truck would be nice to have around.

However, if my current engine went out I would pay a dealer to replace.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto on that. I would also bid on another GL duece. You could remove the engine and sell any good parts you didnt need; then that could offset some your costs.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would recommend bidding on another GL deuce - one that appears to be in good condition. Sell your old deuce as a parts truck, or part it out yourself, to offset the cost of the new deuce. If you have the room and inclination, parting out the old deuce may actually give you a profit on the deal if you do good with the GL auction.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks