• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT-465-1D

mastert

Hello all,

I just picked up my LDT-465-1D at Ft Jackson yesterday. It turned out to be a "new" rebuild with all the goodies, but had a "problem". Whoever installed the rear head let the head shim slip a little bit causing the head gasket to leak coolant in the oil... So it appears the engine was installed, leaked and then pulled right back out. The pistons are still shiny, even!

It has a new turbo, injection pump, injectors, air pump, and the paint isn't even blisted on the exhaust manifold yet. I plan to go through the complete engine and check everything out.

What I need are the torque values for rod, main, and head bolts. I'm sure someone here can help me out...

I also have another engine with rusted sleeves on 3 cylinders and it has cracked heads between the valve seats. Anybody within 200 miles of Charlotte, NC got any good used parts? I want to make both engines run.

Mastert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks