• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ldt 465 longevity???

steelridingscum

i just wanted to check with lots of you and see what kind of mileage you have on your deuce?? what kind of longevity or hours are out there still running strong..

my duece has 66,000 on the odo and around 1700 hours which seem super high for these trucks but it still runs like a freight train...

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Longevity depends a lot on maintenance and the operator. The addition of spin-on filters helps oil pressure develop more quickly at start-up. This same engine is used in the White 2-135 and 2-150 farm tractors. I know of several with near to 10,000 hours on them and still running very strong. 8,000 hours is not unusual. Farm and field work is harder service than in a truck because the engine spends more time at higher load percentages. We expect that, with good maintenance practice, to have service out of them in our trucks similar to what is gotten by our neighbors with the White tractors. So far, this has proven to be true.
We have bought three of the spin-on filter bases from farm equipment salvage yards for $65.00 each, which is a lot cheaper than the cost of the conversion kits advertised here. You do, however have more time involved in changing the whole filter base on your engine as opposed to just screwing on the adapters. We like investing time rather than spending money when some effort will save cost, so it was a good option for us to buy the bases. I recognize not everyone will want to do it that way!
Regards Marti

steelridingscum

thanks everyone for contributing.... i searched through the previous posts but didnt really find any odometer numbers or acutal hours people had.... i would agree with you that the spin on filters seem like a good idea... ive been using my duece as a daily driver for about two months now and it seems happy... it seemed to me that this has really high mileage for a duece at 66,000 but im glad to hear of tractors with 5000 hrs on the clocks... i plan on keeping this girl forever so she will easily crest 100,000 or 200,000.....