• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT 465 or LDS 465?

dblcamaros

Today I saw a 1971 AM General for sale with a LDT 465 in it, I also have a '71 AM Gen. but mine has an LDS in it. Which one is correct or stock? Did they come standard with either or? I have read a few threads and it seems as if the majority agree the major differnces are the LDS has more HP and a larger turbo, but nothing about which is correct for that year.Also how can I tell if I have a D or a C turbo? And my data plate does not state who made the motor, i.e. White, etc. How do I tell. I know there are many knowledgeable users out there and would greatly appreciate any info. I am still rather new at this, but learning quickly. Thank you all!! Would be lost without a useful resource such as SS !!!

Heath_h49008

:popcorn:

You know about the search function... right? Each of your questions has been answered so many times it's going to upset some of the old dudes. We avoid repeating the same info in new threads to make finding the info easier via THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

Search "ldt lds" "C D Turbo"

All your info is on the data plate on the front passenger side of the engine. Grab a pic and show us what yours says.

You have a good chunk of reading ahead... Good luck and welcome to the nuthouse.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have an LDS, it's a Continental motor.

Post pics of your engine tag and turbo.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LDS is not "as manufactured" in a deuce, but often they were 'on hand' when something went wrong in the engine of a deuce, so it went in as a replacement. LDS was normally put in the 5-ton series, and many motor pools that maintained both would only order the LDS engines as spares because they could not use the LDT in a 5-ton, but could the other way around.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What everyone else already said.

If you have an LDS that's good for you.

eagle4g63

If original military install...the lds from what I have researched should NOT have a "c" whistler turbo on it....they had a different turbo to themselves.....

But you never know what could have been put in.....the best way is to listen to the whine...a "c" turbo has a very high pitch whine to it......go on youtube and punch in "deuce whistler" there should be plenty of videos so you can hear what one sounds like.

dblcamaros

Thank you all and thanks EAgle.......it is most def. a whistler. So I guess it would seem my motor is a replacement. That might explain the only 11,000 miles on clock but 1,287 hrs. Thanks all!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks