• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT-465 rebuild

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If it can lift a multifuel then a bed would be a cake walk as far as weight. Balancing the bed could be fun but it weighs around 1400 pounds for a 12ft bed. Multifuel weighs about 1800 pounds.
The multi is about 1650 according to the Hercules link you posted!

Rusty nuts

The gantry from HF is rated at 1 ton so the multifuel is getting close to the limit but like I said, it didn't even flex at all. Just make sure the you have it set tall enough before you start lifting....lifted the old motor all the way up and needed another 2" to get it over the winch :-? One thing I did since I did the swap myself was to roll the truck back, get the motor and gantry in place, lift and the roll the truck under it. If you try moving the gantry with the motor in the air, it's not easy especially if things get to swinging.

The gantry has been very useful for many other things around the shop and for loading and unloading spare parts and tires.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited: