• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT vs LDS Engines

houdel

I'm confused. I thought all M35A2s had LDT engines, but I've seen a few auctions on GL for M35A2s with LDS engines. Is this a mistake, a possible repower, or were M35A2s originally built with both LDT and LDS engines?

Also, what is the difference between a LDT and a LDS engine?

red devils dude

yes some M35A2's have LDS's from repower's most of the auctions that have them listed are
typeo's, I think the main difference between a LDT and a LDS is the LDS has a rear oil sump the LDT
has a front oil sump and LDS have different piston's and a different fuel injection set up.

Desert Rat

The LDS also has more horsepower as well. 210 hp as compared to 165 with the LDT. I believe this is correct but anyone can feel free to correct me anytime!

red devils dude

Desert Rat said:
The LDS also has more horsepower as well. 210 hp as compared to 165 with the LDT. I believe this is correct but anyone can feel free to correct me anytime!
165hp in a LDT what model is that!!! all the one's I've seen say
130hp on the data plate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks