• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT vs LDS Engines

houdel

I'm confused. I thought all M35A2s had LDT engines, but I've seen a few auctions on GL for M35A2s with LDS engines. Is this a mistake, a possible repower, or were M35A2s originally built with both LDT and LDS engines?

Also, what is the difference between a LDT and a LDS engine?

red devils dude

yes some M35A2's have LDS's from repower's most of the auctions that have them listed are
typeo's, I think the main difference between a LDT and a LDS is the LDS has a rear oil sump the LDT
has a front oil sump and LDS have different piston's and a different fuel injection set up.

Desert Rat

The LDS also has more horsepower as well. 210 hp as compared to 165 with the LDT. I believe this is correct but anyone can feel free to correct me anytime!

red devils dude

Desert Rat said:
The LDS also has more horsepower as well. 210 hp as compared to 165 with the LDT. I believe this is correct but anyone can feel free to correct me anytime!
165hp in a LDT what model is that!!! all the one's I've seen say
130hp on the data plate.