• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT465 Injectors

HookAChain

Are the injectors from a turbo 465 the same as a non turbo application with only the injector pump turned up or are they different? Where could I get a set of the turbo injectors?
I just purchased a '66 M35 without a turbo and will be putting one on in the near future. It most likely won't be an OEM style turbo, probably a little larger. I've heard the IP's on these engines are tricky to turn up, can you turn them up enough to add enough juice for a larger turbo?
Thanks
Kyle

HookAChain

Thanks, so I would only be able to compensate it with tthe I.P. or are there bigger injectors for any other models this engine was put in?

I guess the engine I have would be an LD465 than.....Just realized the T stood for turbo.

emr

i think U will find the non turbos are already a little faster than the turbos, and when U put the turbo on run it first and see how U like it, my non turbo with the turbo put on later is a runner, and i have friends who have had the same experience, the non turbo and turbo injector pumps have a different part #, but the only difference is the amount of fuel setting they are the same toy., i think the turbos are a little less in the fuel, but can definitly handle it being turned up, its actually easy to do, I have another friend who turned up his fuel and put a 5 tonner turbo on, and the thing rocks. BUT how fast U want to go in a Deuce is really not a good Idea, my 2 cents, but for power up hills, just turning up ther fuel is enough.If U contact me i can put u intouch with the guy who put on the 5 ton turbo, Randy

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The turbo was added to help clean up the exhaust (better combustion), the power and fuel delivery is not much different, 10-15 hp or so.

emr

My nonturbo was like following a forest fire! even though i new what the turbo did, i was still amazed when i started her and there was NO smoke! Randy

dmetalmiki

ld/ldt

My LD in the M45 went better than the duece. and when I put a (sceaming!) turbo on ,It drives like a dream. improved perfomance all round and mpg. I was am impressed. My experience with the 5 ton turbo was more grunt up the revs. and the deuce (cturbo) more on set off.(this is reltive power nothing outlandish tho!!) cept the fire truck..jeepers that thing GOES LIKE A TRAIN! ((2 trains on a cold day lol))..it just looks feels sounds and so easily up to max rpms..My favourite drive..(then the M62.m35.m54)

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are one hole and two hole injectors. As far as adding the turbo. I beleve you need to adjust the timing. It will run a little smoother once you do.

dmetalmiki

and the single hole injectors have the better perfomance. I did NOT touch the timing ..its superb as is..I only polish its "nose" before start up..and heap praise kind & encouraging words..on it/her!

jwaller

The non turbo trucks run a bit better bc they have more timing than the turbo trucks.

I believe those that put turbos on a non turbo motor might want to think about adjusting the timing. maybe not bc most all th ppl here that have converter their nonturbos into turbos havent done it.
It's your call and your motor.

beaubeau

What exactly does a Turbo Do?? I am to understand it gives more" Pistola" at low RPMS, MORE HORSEPOWER, and better economy!! Anyone who runs Non Turbos and then runs a Turbo will see the difference right away. Diesel Engines are built for Power at Low RPMS!!Look at the difference between a Diesels RPMS, 10 years ago and todays Diesels!! More Horse Power, Less RPMS, and Better mileage!! Keep the RPMS low and the Gears HIGH!!Even a deuce runs better at Low RPMS!!Listen to (IT) SING, andWHISTLE!!! Phil

emr

These turbos are set up to kill smoke only, a gazilion posts on this, for a multi its all in the fuel tuning, and either injector will work just fine in either motor, ... Randy

Bill W

emr
The black smoke was from a ( fuel) rich mixture, a turbo pumps in more air for better burn ( less smoke) which in turn give better performance and better mpg. Two hole injectors are suppose to give better atomization of the fuel which also help with a better burn. You can turn the pump up all you want but if you don't have the air to match then your just blowing (black) smoke and gumming up the rings.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
i have tested both 1 hole and 2 hole injectors and there is an obvious difference in the atomization of fuel. i would never use the 1 hole injectors. also there is a real difference between new injectors and used, and at some point even though the engine seems to run ok, there is a benefit in servicing the injectors. if you get less than 10 mpg this may be the reason.

emr

2 hole injectors are the ones for sure, but all work, U are saying the non turbos smokes because of a fuel rich mixture, ? U always need air with fuel, thats a givin.i dont believe i mentioned it, as for a non turbo, the turbo was not put on to enhance performance, thats all i was saying,and its true. all the upgrades had to do with driving on US roads, as time went by emission standards even reached the Military to a point, Thats all i was saying. randy.