• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaf spring re-arch

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to a spring shop. They can re-arc your current springs or build you a new set. I've had both done. If you are going to haul heavy, get new springs.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is what I was thinking, new set but how do they relate to M880's ! ton and a 1 & a 1/2 ?
1976/1977 Dodge W200 pickup with 3500 lb front axle (D44)

for reference my W400 with a 4500 lb front axle (D60) has 6 or 7 leaves under the main leaf. They are interchangeable between the two.

JC Whitney among dozens of other online sources has them, any spring shop can get or make them.

Last edited:

sf38a1

Best thing is to go to a Spring shop. I have done many re arch with a hydraulic press, added leaves, and complete rebuilt springs. Sometimes if you re arch and don't add a heaver leaf ,they will tend to flatten out over time. You will need new center bolts and New u-bolts. if you increase the leaves on the spring pack you will need longer u-bolts Have fun

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks