• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leak along the connection to the Troop top cover and the 2 man top.

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all,

I can't seem to figure out how the water is coming in along the connection to the troop top to my 2 man top? Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do to fix this or trouble shoot the problem?

I don't have the curtain in and it seems that even if I clean and re connect the velcro between the two tops I still have water coming in along the whole length of the B pillar?

Is there a trick to sealing this?

Attached is a picture of my setup.

Thank you in advance for any help!

20190425_135800.jpg

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to use camp dry. It's a silicone spray that you can get at a sporting goods and wal mart. It's used to keep camping tents from leaking.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sprayed it in the whole seam lip where the Velcro meets then pressed the Velcro together. Then along the whole seam from one side, over the top and down the other side. I also had to spray near the windshield. It leaked there also. It stopped the leaks about 90%. But I think the material is some what porous. Maybe due to age. I bought a new cargo cover and will get a new cab cover this year.

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sprayed it in the whole seam lip where the Velcro meets then pressed the Velcro together. Then along the whole seam from one side, over the top and down the other side. I also had to spray near the windshield. It leaked there also. It stopped the leaks about 90%. But I think the material is some what porous. Maybe due to age. I bought a new cargo cover and will get a new cab cover this year.
Ok thank you!