• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leak , where do I begin looking

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive had the TQG in storage, and noticed today theres a slow leak. (it took a few months to get this saturated) Diesel? And where do I begin the fix . Thanks in advance.
Tough to tell by the pic but the return line to the fuel tank might leak like that...it's a braided line that goes through to the tank held in place by a rubber grommet that can leak as well...a few more pics would help of the actual leak area...unless it's everywhere!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first guess is the fuel bung, second being the return line passing through the same area... but I would say if it presented over months it might be the fuel bung starting to go (and once it starts, it only speeds up).

Ray70

Agreed... that is definitely your fuel drain bung ( well nut )
As stated above either get the "Ultimate Well Nut" as described in this forum or replace it with a REAL Viton or Mil-spec. well nut.
Don't get the cheaper Chloroprene 3/8-16 well nut from Hillman or Pop Fasteners, you will be doing the job again next week!