• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking Carburetor M38a1

jeeplvr247

I went out to warm up the new jeep and when the choke was on the carb was dripping a pretty steady stream of gas. Fairly quickly after I turned it off the gas stopped. Any ideas on what this is? Between that and the radiator leaking like a sieve, I had a pretty good puddle going in the driveway.

zout

Between the carb and the radiator is a big area. From the frame you have the inlet shut off valve in line before it goes to the dual action fuel pump.

Fuel action fuel pump to the carb and the inlet to the carb. There is no accelerator pump in that carb - it runs off vacuum.

Can you narrow that area down of leakage

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Between the carb and the radiator is a big area. From the frame you have the inlet shut off valve in line before it goes to the dual action fuel pump.

Fuel action fuel pump to the carb and the inlet to the carb. There is no accelerator pump in that carb - it runs off vacuum.

Can you narrow that area down of leakage
I think it has a bad radiator and now the carb is leaking also . Bad seals in the carb or maybe the float is sticking ?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M38A1 is notorious for carb overflows when tiny crap gets under the float needle seat. Put a filter between the fuel pump and carb.

jeeplvr247

To clear things up both the carb and radiator are leaking, that sentence sounded better in my head. Do I need to clean anything out of the carb or should it be fine if a just add an in-line filter?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks