• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking fuel line

Blacksmoke

Had to repair my fuel line awhile ago. The copper line was leaking where it comes out of the primary filter. I made a run through the timber one day when it was real cold to break the ice on my pond. Must have hit some brush or something because it looked like the line was disturbed. I was surprised that the line that crosses over to the driver side was on the bottom of the crossmember & not tucked in behind it. It is actually quite vulnerable to being hit by a stump or something. Replaced the compression fitting & all is well. I just wonder how often this happens.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
i found mine to be smashed in when i got my truck. i redid it and plumbed it up behind the crossmember since i use my truck mostly in the woods. not to change the subject, but i also had a problem with the fitting on my injector pump where the feed line comes to it on the bottom. it was hitting my winch driveshaft after i installed my winch set. i had to turn the fitting to clear the shaft, but its still tight

Armada

Yeah, that ip fuel line vibates too for sure. My brothers' vibrated against something and wore a hole right through it, and mine had done the same thing at some point. They used a metal compression fitting to repair it with, now the splice vibrates against a bracket. :)
If the line, wire, etc., can't be secured from rubbing or vibrating against another surface, I'll often use a piece of rubber hose or vacuum line as an isolator.