• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking fuel

dpsmith

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I HAVE PUT APPROX 150 MILES ON MY NEW M35A2C SINCE WARTHOG HELPED ME GET THE FUEL CONTROL ROD UNSTUCK. PULLED IN THE DRIVE-WAY YESTERDAY AND NOTICED FUEL DRIPPING FROM THE IP. COULD NOT TELL WHERE IT WAS COMING FROM BECAUSE EVERYTHING WAS WET WITH FUEL. CLEANED HER UP AND WITH A FLASHLIGHT FOUND THAT FUEL WAS COMING FROM TOP OF THE IP HEAD WHERE THE LINES COME OUT. IT APPEARS TO BE COMING OUT FROM UNDER THE RUBBER BOOTS THERE ON THE HEAD. ITS A SLOW DRIP WHEN AT IDLE BUT I SURE IT MUST BE SPRAYING WHEN AT HIGHER RPM'S. A HUGE PROBLEM? ANY IDEAS? THANKS:roll::roll:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, I'd look to see which line is leaking. Mine was the center plug, yours could be an injector line. Those rubber boots should slide up so you can see whats happening. No I don't have a torque value, just "snugged" mine up.

dpsmith

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well i pulled the boots back and found one of the lines was leaking. As my luck would have it, it was the hardest to get to. Was able to get a line wrench on it turn it maybe a eighth of a turn. This seem to have stopped or a least slowed it down. Will get her out on the road and see how she does at speed. Thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If its on an injector line, you might want to go ahead and order a new set. Incase one breaks or starts leaking again. I have read from the others on here that the seals can go bad. Also make sure you have the line anti-vibrators on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks