• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaking Injector line at IP

buccaneer

1985 WHite multi 465

just noticed a leaking line going to the first cylinder. leaking near the line and not around the threads at the IP. Ive tried tightening the nut and it wasn't loose.

Any ideas on an easy fix? Thanks

Clay James

You may need an insert to go in the line. Sometimes they don't have them and you can't tighten it down, it just crushes the line.

ARYankee

I just discovered one of my lines going to one of my cylinders is leaking and the fitting is tight. Where can you get an insert from?

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can use the brass inserts for air lines; any truck stop should carry those. Consider replacing all the return lines, while you are at it, with truck air lines.

davey8943

The M109 I just picked up is leaking at the IP head too. It looks like the leak is under the connector from the head to the lines to the individual injectors.

Cattlerepairman,

When you say "brass inserts for air lines" are you talking about the poly lines for the return fuel?

I think the OP and ARYankee are having the same problems as I am. I thought the connectors were steel when I was into the HH on my M35.....

Anyone help clear up my confusion?

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:

ARYankee

I'll loosen it up and take it apart to see. When we are saying "insert" I'm assuming the ferrule that helps it to seal. I'm sure if that is is what it is then I will pick some up at Home Depot or something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks