• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking injector M1009

alburms311

So I’m out Sunday when on the way back from the store the truck becomes sluggish and loses power going up the very large hill I live on, then it shuts off. I pop the hood and smell fuel. I find that one of my injectors is leaking fluid, so I tighten it up, open the vent plug on the fuel filter to bleed any air, crank until I see fuel, then get back in and crank her up. I check the injector and no fuel is leaking. I was able to limp back to the house slowly. It seems as if I have a clogged fuel filter(less than 1000 miles, replaced in March) which I will replace this afternoon, just wondering about the leaking injector...coincidence or not? Wondering if I just need a new nozzle gasket there or replace the whole thing?
IMG_0945 (Medium).jpgIMG_0946 (Medium).jpg

alburms311

Got the filter swapped, didn't drive much but that seemed to be my power lose problem. The injector appears to be leaking where the two halves meet...

Flingarrows

I had that happen on a rebuilt injector with less than 50 miles on it. The place I bought it from replaced it, and had no problems since. I don't know if there is anything serviceable without the proper tools, it looks like an interference fit

10NUGGET01

Im really sorry. I just did a search and seen this injector listing. Im on my cell phone and don't see a new post tab to click. I would have did that to start with. Again im sorry and I will remove my post from "your" thread.

alburms311

Im really sorry. I just did a search and seen this injector listing. Im on my cell phone and don't see a new post tab to click. I would have did that to start with. Again im sorry and I will remove my post from "your" thread.
No worries. I don't care who's thread you post your question on, just trying to point you in right direction if you want an answer boss....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks