• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaking injector on my M1009 ?

rfischba1

I stopped by Fort Meade to take a close look at my New M1009 I won last week, Took lots of close up photos I will attach tomorrow.
I started the truck, ran fine, 1/2 tank of fuel. I noticed a fuel leak comming from the injector that goes into the # 1 cilinder on the left side. What does this mean? There is a small black hose attched to the injector, this may be the cause of the leak.
My question, is there something that I should check, tighten, replace this hose? Its a fairly steady stream of fuel dripping. Could I drive the truck 6 miles home with this leak?
Thanks

tmbrwolf

The small rubber hose is the fuel return line, best to replace it if it's leaking. I wouldn't drive it with a fuel leak in that area since it over the exhaust manifold! (unless you like BBQ M1009!

CCATLETT1984

you cant use the generic rubber line, you can get a kit to replace the return lines, ebay is a cheap place to find it, or a diesel engine shop. The original lines are self shrinking, you just push them on and they seal, no clamps needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks