• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaking injector on my M1009 ?

rfischba1

I stopped by Fort Meade to take a close look at my New M1009 I won last week, Took lots of close up photos I will attach tomorrow.
I started the truck, ran fine, 1/2 tank of fuel. I noticed a fuel leak comming from the injector that goes into the # 1 cilinder on the left side. What does this mean? There is a small black hose attched to the injector, this may be the cause of the leak.
My question, is there something that I should check, tighten, replace this hose? Its a fairly steady stream of fuel dripping. Could I drive the truck 6 miles home with this leak?
Thanks

tmbrwolf

The small rubber hose is the fuel return line, best to replace it if it's leaking. I wouldn't drive it with a fuel leak in that area since it over the exhaust manifold! (unless you like BBQ M1009!

CCATLETT1984

you cant use the generic rubber line, you can get a kit to replace the return lines, ebay is a cheap place to find it, or a diesel engine shop. The original lines are self shrinking, you just push them on and they seal, no clamps needed.