• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaking injector

TVOLLMER

I installed new injectors in my m1008 last night, it fired right up and sounded good. Went for a test drive, pulled over to check for leaks and saw that the driver side rear most injector was pumping fuel all over the manifold. It looks like it is coming out between the injector body and the screw on injector head. Can I use a thread tape or somthing to seal it? I have tried to tighten it up but and cant get it any tighter. All the other injectors are good to go.

Any thoughts?

TVOLLMER

I found the problem. There is a piece inside the injector that the sping sits on and the cap seats against, cracked somehow. Looking at it and how it works it doesnt seem like it would hurt performance if I can seal were the injector screws together. We will see I guess

The injectors are new take outs. My cousine installed them a year ago and never fired the truck. so I took them out and put them in my truck. In case anyone is asking why I dont return it.

998Junkie

I found the problem. There is a piece inside the injector that the sping sits on and the cap seats against, cracked somehow. Looking at it and how it works it doesnt seem like it would hurt performance if I can seal were the injector screws together. We will see I guess

The injectors are new take outs. My cousine installed them a year ago and never fired the truck. so I took them out and put them in my truck. In case anyone is asking why I dont return it.
Can you use a piece from one of the injectors you removed or did they go in the other truck?