• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaking IP cover

cruz

well my IP was pretty oil/fuel covered so I figured I had a loose hose somewhere, so I sprayed it off with carb cleaner to get it all clean, after checking all the lines going to and from it, and not finding any loose, I was a little confused. So I waited about half an hour then came back and still no sepage anywhere. Then I turned the power on to start the in tank fuel pump, walked away and came back about another half hour later and I could see some sepage coming around the 2 screws that hold on the bracket/cover for the fuel shutoff.

What I was wondering is what is behind this cover, and if it should even be able to leak, or if there is another seal bad inside the IP, If I take it off will I have springs, or other parts fall out, and cause more problems than it is worth. if so I will just leave it and deal with a little sepage, It was oily but that is after years of leaking.

And one other thing was that after letting the fuel pump run for about half an hour I went to start the truck and it basically "ran away" for about a half second, and hit about 2000 rpms, it really freaked me out, I am guessing that it slowly pushed some extra fuel up into the engine. but I just didn't expect it. has this ever happened to anyone before? Also after this happened I opened up the turbo to make sure there was no oil on the intake side, and it was clean. "no oil on fins"

otherwise the truck now seems to run great after I increased the fuel 2 flats, and drove it about 30 miles. any help is appreciated.

thanks again,

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No springs to go flying. Have you tried to tighten the screws down? I have only opened that up on a pump that was off a truck, not sure if its supposed to have fuel in there or not, but I don't think so.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have good pics, on another pc. Sorry, wish I could give you more info. If you look at the old site, we have a TM for the IP. Best I can do tonight.

cruz

well I couldn't wait, so I went out to the barn and checked it out, what I found is that I think it is just a bad/old gasket, but it made me feel better that it isn't filled with oil, or fuel. thanks for the help gimpyrob for leading me to the right tm.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks