• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking NP 208 from Shifter.

Gripy

Leaking NP 208 from Shifter. Now with Pics!

As the title says.
I am wondering if there is a specific seal for where the shifter goes into the the T/C. The TM's just say " flat washer" and "locking nut".
Do I need an O-ring or do I just gob on RTV all over it or does it need more torques?

On a side note the TM states to fill the case until fluid is 4in (6.4mm) below the filler hole. This does not make any sense.

Last edited:

cucvrus

If you can put your finger in and touch the ATF with the finger bent slightly it is good to go. I know on the 400 TH transmission they have a tool to change the shift selector seal. I think that may be the same for the transfer case. Not sure but it looks about the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks