• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaking rear axle seal

JoeD

I just noticed the rear axle is leaking on my bobbed M35A3. I only drive my deuce less than 200 miles a year. Can I get by with just letting it leak or is it imperative I replace the bearing/seal? I know the part is not inexpensive and funds are limited in retirement.
if I have to replace, would it be just the outer, or both outer and inner?
thanks

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you let it leak you will end up with oil soaked brake shoes (that will need to be replaced) and still have to fix the seals.
Do the inner and outer seals .

JoeD

Sounds like good advice. Since the CTIS is already disconnected i though i would get the Bearing conversion from Memphis Equipment. The TM for the A3 bearing/seal replacement seems a little light. Would i use the TM for the A2? seems more detailed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks