• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking Water Pump!

Biggles

Help! I tried to install a block heater today and when I removed the valve and everything for my cab heater from the lower port on the water pump I cracked the water pump housing. Is there any way to fix this other than replace the whole water pump? Where do I buy a water pump for one of these things anyway? I could probably do pictures if i tried. aua

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Oops. . .

If you can't find one locally, I have one from a blown motor. I'm assuming you didn't damage the pump itself?, just the housing that bolts on the front of the motor?

Biggles

yeah the housing split where the plug/heater/heater hose or whatever threads into the pump (the lower port) it cracked as if someone had over tightened something into it or forced the wrong size threads to go. It wasn't leaking before but I imagine that the crack had to already be there because you don't break housing when your loosening stuff do you? Maybe it was cracked a little but not leaking until i started screwing with it. I don't know

Biggles

I was wondering about that. I have never had any luck welding on cast stuff but i know folks that have more experience doing it than me. I may give that a try before I replace the whole thing. I suppose it can't hurt to try.

Biggles

Biggles

I don't see any harm in trying to weld it. I'm an apprentice pipefitter while i don't know how to weld well enough for this project there are plenty of guys in at the hall that woupld gladly weld it up for me for free all I'd have to do is the prep work and maybe provide rod if it's something that we don't have on hand. If welding it doesn't work then I'm right back where i started. In need of a new water pump. What have I got to lose?

Biggles

And I think that JB weld would probably stop the leak it's a very small crack but then I'd have a water pump that had been JB welded and I'm not sure i could live with that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks