• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaky door

mocheese

Can anyone help me out with a leaky door issue with my m1028. The seal on cab looks good but it still leaks water when it rains. I also noticed that lmc has a seal on the upper part of the door mounted with screws but i dont see any screw holes just rubber plugs. Does anyone have a a seal on both the door and the cab?

mocheese

Any chance anyone could post up a pick of the door seal. My door does not show any indication that it ever had one so i have no idea of the proper location. Thanks

xenocath

searching.............
i have owned a few of these 80s chevy trucks and never knew about that seal. i have two trucks in the yard and neither ever looked like that strip was installed. you sure thats not just a blazer thing?

GerWJ

my M1010 has a seal on driver door but missing on other side door..... didn't know it until had a hard rain other day.... where is the best place to get a new one.... this is one of those parts you don't want to use a takeoff part...
thanks

mocheese

my M1010 has a seal on driver door but missing on other side door..... didn't know it until had a hard rain other day.... where is the best place to get a new one.... this is one of those parts you don't want to use a takeoff part...
thanks
Lmc has them. Its where im getting mine

Post up which LMC part number you go with as I believe there are a couple options. I'm so sick of my left leg getting soaked going around corners.

cptd

I tried those part numbers and when I tried them on my doors they were too short. LMC clearly lists those part numbers as for a 79-81 and they do not list a part number for anything after 81.

I returned them to LMC and am still looking for a replacement from other sources.

What am I missing?

CPTD

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not look at the parts TMs and see if there is a seal listed(and it's GM part number)?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an M1008 an M1010 and a 91 Suburban and none have that seal. I took Dogheads advice and checked the -20P.
The following cut and paste is from the -20P . They are referred to as molding, frame left and right. Note the UOC is 209. That means its used on the M1009 only.

1 PAOZZ 11862 14022885 SCREW,TAPPING 4
UOC:209
2 PAOZZ 11862 14016511 MOLDING,FRAME LEFT 1UOC:209
2 PAOZZ 11862 14016512 MOLDING,FRAME RIGHT 1UOC:209​
3 PAOZZ 11862 15522764 WEATHER STRIP 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm...... the pickups use a rain gutter and the blazer doesn't. I wonder if the seal is used because of that.

I have three blazer bodies and none of them have the seal. I have gotten rid of 4 or 5 more and don't remember them having the seal. None of the burbs have had the seal but they do have the rain gutters.

Interesting.

xenocath

searching.............
I took a set of door top gutters off a 90 burb and installed on my m1008. no leaks now. total cost about 3 bucks, won't leak now even if I lost my door seals somehow.

chesapeake

I replaced all the weatherstripping on the door. I have the new weatherstripping to put on the cab side, I am just waiting to refinish the floor first. It has rained here everyday for probably for a month now. With the door shut, water is running down the weatherstripping on the cab side and soaking my rocker panels and the inside corner of my floor boards below the air vent. There doesn't appear to have been any weaatherstripping on top of the door.

So ordering gutters should solve the issue?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks