• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaky filter base

galeo7171

I'm thinking that my fuel filter base is leaking, so I'm going to order one from oem surplus. I think I read on here that I need to also buy a fuel pressure switch? Where would I get one of these at? anything else I need to pick up?

jvlmed

I recently ordered and replaced my leaking fuel filter base (85 M1028) with the OEM part from the site listed. The unit comes with a filter and a place for the pressure switch. The location for the pressure switch is not drilled through, therefore you will not need a pressure switch. Mine worked great and solved a hard starting issue. Price is $49.99 + shipping and that includes a filter. Great Deal.

ChalkOutline

I went to the site, found the part (#12471725), but the filter I have that is leaking looks more like an oil filter with a clear base. It is located on the drivers side firewall up high. Any suggestions on where to get a new one of those?

Crash_AF

If anyone has replaced their filter base and still has it, can you give/sell me the drain on the bottom? That part is missing from mine and a regular bolt won't stop the leak.

Thanks,
Joe

underdog

I must be poor:oops:
It does not get that cold here for the most part so a heater is not a have to have.
We had on old tractor out front i pulled the fiter and base off of it and put it on the CUCV.
Simular to this http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=84001F have not missed the stock junk.
If you prowle around Fleebay you can find simular types heated for resonable prices.

CCATLETT1984

I went to the site, found the part (#12471725), but the filter I have that is leaking looks more like an oil filter with a clear base. It is located on the drivers side firewall up high. Any suggestions on where to get a new one of those?
Sounds like someone replaced your stock filter setup with a spin-on filter, can you take a picture of what you have? Maybe get some part numbers off of it?

ChalkOutline

I must be poor:oops:
It does not get that cold here for the most part so a heater is not a have to have.

If you prowle around Fleebay you can find simular types heated for resonable prices.

Please forgive the new-guy question, The $50 square filter is a fuel heater too? I live in Sacramento California, it may drop below 32 degrees F just 2-3 times a year here. Do I need the expensive "heating filter"?

Thanks Guys,
Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks