• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaky Fuel Injectors

cjkeeliii

I cracked open an injector fitting (where the injector pipe enters) recently to see if there was fuel flow and now the thing leaks. Any tips on what I may have done wrong and how to fix it? I've tightened the fitting as much as I dare. It is on the driver's side, second from the front. I've checked the TM's and done a search on this site. Thanks in advance.

Barrman

Pull it apart, clean with a lint free rag, put it back on, repeat until it doesn't leak any more. It could take a while.

ghud

I also have this problem, my 28 was compression tested and the #7 injector drips slightly, not bad. I've wanted to deal with this for a while, but I'm was not sure how to properly remove an individual injector, clean and re-install. Do I need to loose the clamp on the pipe? Do I need to replace the injector seal? Whats the proper method of tightening the injector, torque spec? I know I should modify or purchase an injector socket, but from that point I would appreciate a how to from anyone how has dealt with this problem

cjkeeliii

OK. I got that leaky injector fixed. Apparently, when I cracked open the line to look for fuel flow, I loosened the whole injector along with the fitting that secures the pipe to the injector. It was leaking from the pipe fitting and from where the injector screws into the engine. The injector was forming bubbles right next to the engine from the fuel that was leaking down from the fitting. The fuel pipe was not seated correctly in the fitting. Simple fix this time! ghud, The TM's have the torque specs for the injector and the pipe fitting. Seems like the injector was 50#'s and the pipe fitting 20#'s. Please, DON'T quote me on that. I think I located that section in the -20 TM. Thanks to everyone who posted suggestions.

donalloy1

I also have this problem, my 28 was compression tested and the #7 injector drips slightly, not bad. I've wanted to deal with this for a while, but I'm was not sure how to properly remove an individual injector, clean and re-install. Do I need to loose the clamp on the pipe? Do I need to replace the injector seal? Whats the proper method of tightening the injector, torque spec? I know I should modify or purchase an injector socket, but from that point I would appreciate a how to from anyone how has dealt with this problem
ghud,

Did not see any mention of how to service injector? If you received that information or someone else has it. Please pass onto me. Thought I saw service kit at one point mentioned in here? That was a long time ago though.

ghud

donalloy1,

Yes, the service kit is available, I believe, I have one, Delphi 7135-274. It includes; eight rubber lines, 8 copper washers and two gaskets for the injector pump.

Also the copper ring gaskets can be purchased separately.

I believe TM 20 only covers complete removal of all eight injectors and lines, not an individual injector for the replacement of the copper ring gasket. I just wanted to know how much stuff/clamps, etc, has to be loosened or removed so that the individual steel injector line does not get damaged and the injector can be removed and resealed. So if anyone has resealed an individual injector I would like to hear your experience/method for doing so...

donalloy1

donalloy1,

Yes, the service kit is available, I believe, I have one, Delphi 7135-274. It includes; eight rubber lines, 8 copper washers and two gaskets for the injector pump.

Also the copper ring gaskets can be purchased separately.

I believe TM 20 only covers complete removal of all eight injectors and lines, not an individual injector for the replacement of the copper ring gasket. I just wanted to know how much stuff/clamps, etc, has to be loosened or removed so that the individual steel injector line does not get damaged and the injector can be removed and resealed. So if anyone has resealed an individual injector I would like to hear your experience/method for doing so...
Thanks ghud,

Was also interested in servicing them! Mine have very low miles. Probably much Idle time though? Thought there are special bore brushes and gauges for complete service and inspection. DMLII sends...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks