• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaky fuel return lines on the 803

dschoolxlt

Hello All,

I have the 803. I’ve replaced the fuel return lines a few times with the standard issue cloth covered line. For some reason, I keep getting leaks on injector #3. The line either works it’s way off the injector, or separates at the tee. I tried a low tech solution of using a zip tie for a clamp, that ultimately keeps the line in-place, but it has a drip

I noticed it after running a load test. It appears the constant fuel leak over time dropped and ran toward the front of the engine toward the water pump plate. I ended up having a coolant leak between the plate and block. I replaced the pump & all gaskets, ended up using black oil resistant RTV with the gaskets in the hope that it will semi prevent it in the future. I have to assume the diesel fuel is what lead to the other gasket failing over time.

anyone else seen this?

32052FA4-8C78-4E62-979B-295F6FD0BA09.jpeg

Attachments

dschoolxlt

Try this for line instead: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...h-i-d-nitrile-rubber-nbr-fuel-hose/gatr/27000

Secure all of the T ends with small zip ties as you have done before and reinstall. It will take a bit of grease to possibly aid in sliding it all together, but it shouldn't leak again.
That’s a good idea! Thanks, I’ll keep it in mind.

I ended up pulling the cover off the fuel tank starting there to see if return fuel was making it back to the tank. It barely had any at all, so I pulled all the lines off and inspecting all the lines and tees again, thinking I had a clogged hose or tee. It ended up that the brass tee on the 3rd injector was not drilled all the way through. So essentially the pressure/fuel buildup from injectors 1-3 was pushing the hose off. I ran a drill thru the tee crosswise, put it all back together and verified I had fuel at the return.
So it looks like it solved it. It’s had a perpetual fuel leak on the return lines since I got the set. Even after changing all the lines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks