• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Learned something last Friday...

Croatan_Kid

So...there I was, paying my buddy's boss man for swapping some tires around. There's a guy sitting in the office and he asks me: "So didn't that truck originally have the 6.2 Cummins in it with a turbo 400 transmission?"

It took me a minute to process that much stupidity at once, but I simply informed him that it was a Detroit, made entirely by GM and was a naturally aspirated engine. He replies with a "Pfftt....yeah, ok." It truely frightened me that he was allowed to work on fleet trucks for a local beverage distributor.

It was one of those things that instantly tripped my anger switch for whatever reason. Especially after he brags about knowing all things diesel. Sigh....aua I didn't want to go off on him because I'm friends with the store manager and my friend works there, so I just let it slide, but it still boils my blood.

Those of you who remember me know that my truck does, indeed, have a Cummins 6BT in it. I really liked how he was telling me what motor was in MY truck.

Anyway, I thought yall could go for a good laugh! Since I haven't posted in a loooong time, I thought I would share :D Sadly, this is entirely true.

It took me a minute to process that much stupidity at once, but I simply informed him that it was a Detroit, made entirely by GM and was a naturally aspirated engine. He replies with a "Pfftt....yeah, ok." It truely frightened me that he was allowed to work on fleet trucks for a local beverage distributor.

It was one of those things that instantly tripped my anger switch for whatever reason. ... it still boils my blood.
Lighten up, Francis.

Croatan_Kid

Haha, I know it's not a big deal. It was just the way he dismissed me as an idiot. Ignorance is bliss and he was a pretty happy guy!

No axles changed on this jewel, just a small lift and the engine swap.

toyrunner95

ill admit, i have been guilty of thinking that a truck came with a different motor but dismissing it like a jack knob was totally out of line. i would have said something flippant to him like, hey did you fix the flux capicitor in that truck they go bad on internationals alot. dont forget to fill the blinker fluid and check the muffler bearings. oh and while your at it see if you can find a left handed screwdriver and a bucket of steam.

ryan77

There are so many times where i wish i had a piece of 3/4" rubber hose 3 ft long in my pocket to hit stupid people. The the thing that scares me is when you have idiot who thinks hes smart. That can be dangerous. But my grandfather used to say " If he had a brain he would be dangerous".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks