• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

led dash bulb size

papakb

LEDs are available in 10-30v versions that are usable in both military and civy vehicles. The BA9 refers to the base size which is 9mm in this case. The S or D indicates either single or dual contact bases. This same lamp is usable in the turn signal switch but I did run into a problem in an M151 where the socket was wired backwards and the lamp wouldn't light up. Remember that LEDs are polarity sensitive. 99% of the time the contact in the socket is positive and won't be a problem.

Your tail lights are BA15 based versions of the same lamp.

Kurt
KG6KMJ

Blackmagic94

Thanks guys

So am I hearing this right that I can install a BA15S into the tail light assembly and thus wouldn't need to buy the mil LED housings to convert my m1102 trailer to 12 volt-24 volt hmmmmmm

Mjvaden

I got mine from Superbrightleds.com part number BA9S-G4-32-28VAC this is the Green bulb $2.98 each. I installed them in the turn signal control unit too.

they work great! and Like they say super bright.

sed6

I got mine from Superbrightleds.com part number BA9S-G4-32-28VAC this is the Green bulb $2.98 each. I installed them in the turn signal control unit too.

they work great! and Like they say super bright.
Great info, thx. Do they still dim with the dash dimmer?

Mjvaden

They Do still dim on the dash.
I had put led lights for the tail lights and front turn signal lights and they would not flash. I found out that what i needed to do to fix this was put a LED in the turn signal controller and that fix it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks