• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Led dash bulb upgrade

REDWOLF

I am getting ready to upgrade my dash bulbs to led. I have heard pros and cons about this. But not sure. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ke6axc

I am getting ready to upgrade my dash bulbs to led. I have heard pros and cons about this. But not sure. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I did the 3 that light the speedometer and fuel gauge. It made a world of difference. Mine were so dim that I was guessing at the speed in the dark. Now no problem at all.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been covered before.

You can't use led lights in the alternator lights.

iirc, some don't work with the dimmer either.

Search for more info.

Matt S

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm doing this now. LEDs have a positive and negative side. I haven't reinstalled the dash yet or I'd attach a picture.

richingalveston

I did mine with red led's
got them at
https://www.superbrightleds.com/

one thing you might want to do is paint the inside of the bezel. you will find the old bulbs have burnt spots in the bezel. I painted mine a reflective silver but I think white would have done just as well.

don't change the gen lights.

Led's wont dim without a special dimmer and the bulbs also have to be capable of dimming. if you figure all that out then please post it.

The red led's I used do not need dimming. they are perfect for my liking.

I am using a civy cluster set up with gauges so it is not the stock cucv cluster and I have moved things around but that does not really change anything with the LED's I am still using the printed circuit board and the stock light bulb locations in the cluster.

you can search my post. I never got to complete my wiring diagrams so if you run across any that I posted, be ware of errors. you don't need the wiring info to just change bulbs.

good luck
Rich

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks