• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED Headlight Support Post

Coal Cracker

So I just bought a pair of led headlights for the deuce,,put them on today and was stoked for nightfall to try them,, ,,, and ahhhhhhh they suck, a really thin beam for the lows from the top segment of led's, if you turn on the high beams and the low segment comes on. It seems like the low segment of led's have more flood than the high set. I switched #17 and #18 wires to try and correct this but then they all came on for the low setting and only the high set comes on for low..... I think these things are wired incorrectly. My reasoning is that i had to turn the vertical adjuster all the way down to get the top pencil beam to get anywhere near to the road that i can see,,and when i turn on the high's the lower led's(floods) are beaming too low. I really think they're wired wrong!!!! Anybody have this issue????

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope. I love mine, really light up the road. Did you replace the whole bucket? when you have the low beams on, is it the top half or the bottom half that comes on? I'm thinking maybe the buckets got put in upside down?

Coal Cracker

Nope. I love mine, really light up the road. Did you replace the whole bucket? when you have the low beams on, is it the top half or the bottom half that comes on? I'm thinking maybe the buckets got put in upside down?
Ferro, I bought them from a member and replaced the whole bucket, only the top LEDs are lit on low and they throw a real pencil beam, when I hit the high switch the top and bottom come on. But it seems like the bottoms should act as spreading floods and the top should be the highs with a pencil beam?

Coal Cracker

The vertical(up- down)adjuster is on top and the. Horizontal adjusters (side to side ) are on the rt. sides of the lights. So I suppose the buckets may be correct but when the lights are on low the top three or so light up

Last edited:

welldigger

Installed a set of LED headlights on my truck about 2 weeks ago. Speaking of which I need to thank ZiggyO for selling them at a great price. Anyways I need to adjust mine a bit but so far I love them. Much brighter than old sealed beams. If the top half of the lights come on while on low beam then they are installed correctly. Low beams on mine do shine a little further out and its almost a flat line underneath both lights but they offer good visibility. When I turn on the high beams they have a flood effect underneath while also lighting either side up pretty well. All in all I'm pretty happy with mine if they hold up. I had the LED marker lights on my truck but they all crapped out. Went back with old fashioned lights there. If they are shining too far out and your out of adjustment try shimming the headlights with washers between the light mounts and the truck. Only do this on the top mounts to tilt the light down.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro, I bought them from a member and replaced the whole bucket, only the top LEDs are lit on low and they throw a real pencil beam, when I hit the high switch the top and bottom come on. But it seems like the bottoms should act as spreading floods and the top should be the highs with a pencil beam?

That is installed correctly then, the top half lights up for the low beam, and both light up for the high. I know it seems silly for it to work that way, but it does. I had to put washers like well digger said, on my old dodge D600, to get the lights down enough to light the road properly. (12v lights but same design) I think there are 6 LED's in each section. Are all of them working? also, there are little plastic lenses that sit up over the LED's, like the old pizza box 'tables' to direct the light. Are those loose or broken? I got a set with one were there were loose. Just a thought. Sorry you're having pains with them, I love them.

I think it is like most things, some people hate them, or love them. Doesn't seem to be to many "eh, there ok" opinions.

Coal Cracker

Thanks Gimp, I looked again today and yes the top half 5 led's are lit on low and all 10 come on when highs are hit. :sad: I think I'm goin back to the halogens, the light is a bright white but I need to see the road,,not a 1 foot bright path, I'm bummed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks