• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED headlights won't fit in the can

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Broke a headlamp during the work and just received 2 LED lights. Supposed to fit "Any vehicle with 7" lights".
But the heat sink is too large. Can't find anything here regarding this specific issue although there are so many posts I could have missed it. I'm guessing this is a common issue.

Waiting on answer from seller on returning them.

Any help appreciated.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My aftermarket LED headlights did fit; I guess there is individual differences. Where do they hit? The ceramic (?) wire passthroughs at the back of the bucket?

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My aftermarket LED headlights did fit; I guess there is individual differences. Where do they hit? The ceramic (?) wire passthroughs at the back of the bucket?
The cans have an inner and outer piece. The heat sink sides hit the sides of the inner can. Won't come close to fitting down inside. I thought of modifying the inner but think it would hit the outer also. I looked at the JW Speaker, nice but too pricy. Truck-lite looks like it might clear. Back is much more rounded.

Attachments

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow -
Truck-lite 27270C $165 made in China per Amazon.
JW Speaker $225 made in Wisconsin.
Aftermarket I bought $36 made in China

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$450 a pair, if it's the military version with the correct connectors, is below market value. (Neither my screenshot nor yours is the military version of the lights. The military version is hard to find)

Patient stalking and a willingness to buy one light at a time yielded me a pair for my HMMWV at about that price.

A few pics of the milspec version, which plugged right in and fit with no issues -

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks