• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED headlights?

yotawheeler

Im just wondering what all the hype is about with the LED headlights? i mean....are they really that much better? I have been looking and i can buy cheap junk from amazon for $150 +/- or to get decent ones im looking at $4-600.

could somebody enlighten me why these are so much better than a old school 7" lens with a good quality halogen -or even LED- bulb for that matter? or is it just what all the cool kids are doing? Im thinking its better to have something that i can replace a bulb in 5 minutes and minimal effort and commonly available.

I live in northern Canada so the halogen would actually prevent the headlights from icing up in the winter

dmetalmiki

Go with the 'simple units', ( And ). please remember that, Yes you might see where you are going..But, the drivers coming the other way CAN NOT!.
Why those patently dangerous units were ever made legal to use on road astounds me,
Research, 'Causes of accidents', Especially in bad weather and or rain.

yotawheeler

Go with the 'simple units', ( And ). please remember that, Yes you might see where you are going..But, the drivers coming the other way CAN NOT!.
Why those patently dangerous units were ever made legal to use on road astounds me,
Research, 'Causes of accidents', Especially in bad weather and or rain.
100% must be street legal/DOT. Truck is going to be a farm truck on silage wagons etc around the farm. It will seldom see pavement or night driving.

must also pass a CVIP. Just looking for decent light and to pass inspection

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks